the continuing saga of Sandy, Bill, Nightpumper and the rest.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sketch of the week break




...Yet another "sketch break." Just goes to show you how jumbled up my mind is. This one is from a photograph that was in the Santa Cruz Sentinel.

This is an artistic interpretation of "riprap" which is giant cement in the shape of jacks (jacks like in the kids game of jacks)....only they are really big and they use them to block the swells of the ocean thereby protecting the harbor which is where these are!...The Santa Cruz Harbor!

I may or may not work on this piece more, if I do and it looks better I'll post it, otherwise, this is it buddy!

3 comments:

StimmeDesHerzens said...

super. I like it.

OK you, i made some adustments over at my B so that you can see who the painter was, but, I always post the name of the pic, year, and painter of an image either above or below,

dude!

Marty said...

Hi Eric,
I'm not quite sure what this is, but I like it ... nice colors!
Best,
Marty

StimmeDesHerzens said...

For Marty:
Here in Santa Cruz we have a harbor where people keep their boats, to keep sand from washing into this area there are these huge structures made out of cement in the shape of jacks (that kids play with, with a little ball, do you remember?) These cement jacks (as big as a person) also protect the walkway out to the lighthouse.