the continuing saga of Sandy, Bill, Nightpumper and the rest.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

strip 64 panel 1


There is a genius, possibly a savant, walking in Santa Cruz, CA. A brooding-faced, mop-headed genius. Soft of speech and with cutting eyes, a man who, unlike most men, looks about the world he sees, and does not accept that world. When that world does not fit his pattern, he does not adapt to that world. He tries to make that world fit him. Or if not that, shucks that world aside and lives in one all his own......that man is the one we call ...NIGHTPUMPER!

7 comments:

Beth said...

The snail is a nice touch. :)

StimmeDesHerzens said...

you need to clear me out of your computer you dingdangdoodler!

Marty said...

Hi Eric,
I'm with Beth ... long live the snail! Meanwhile, your description of Night Pumper makes me wonder if he's based on a real person in Santa Cruz!
Best,
Marty

Marty said...

Hi Eric,
I'm with Beth ... long live the snail! Meanwhile, your description of Night Pumper makes me wonder if he's based on a real person in Santa Cruz!
Best,
Marty

Susan Williamson said...

Love the shoes! Whenever I read and look at the visuals on your blog, it always has me itching to do some drawing.

StimmeDesHerzens said...

yes the shoes are great. Particularly the left. The right shoe needs to be pointed a bit more left, is my only critique. Looks like he has two left shoes on. My other comment is, did you close up my 'sign in'? you snooperdooper

we missed you. one minute has been shortened to 45 sec. so gets more demanding all the time.

StimmeDesHerzens said...

Remember the story about Gilbert Stuart saying that Trumbull's painting looked like it was done with one eye? I wonder what he saw .... two left shoes?